Skip to content

Best Sport News

Menu
  • Home
  • About
  • Contact
Menu

BREAKING: A driver using his phone and failing to stop at a red light hit a 60-year-old man who was out with his family in London, and when emergency crews arrived, they discovered it was the father of Real Madrid star Rodrygo has… – Suong

Posted on August 9, 2025 by newsfeeds_zx9kat

A devastating road accident shocked onlookers in North London when a 60-year-old man was hit by a car while crossing the street with his family. The vehicle, driven by a man who was reportedly using his mobile phone and failed to stop at a red light, struck the pedestrian near Camden Road just after 8:00 p.m. last night.

Emergency crews were called to the scene immediately. Paramedics provided life-saving treatment before transporting the victim to a nearby hospital in serious condition. Upon confirming the man’s identity, authorities were stunned to discover he was the father of Real Madrid and Brazil national team star Rodrygo Goes.

Rodrygo – Wikipedia tiếng Việt


Eyewitness Accounts of a Preventable Tragedy

Several pedestrians witnessed the horrifying crash. Many described the vehicle as speeding through a red light, ignoring visible crossing signals and pedestrian presence. Witness Sarah Nolan, 29, said:

“It all happened so fast. The man had just stepped onto the road when the car came flying through. It didn’t slow down at all. Everyone was screaming.”

The driver, a man in his 30s, remained at the scene and was later arrested by the Metropolitan Police for dangerous driving and suspected mobile phone use while driving. Police confirmed the driver is in custody and cooperating with investigators.


Rodrygo’s Family Caught in Unexpected Crisis

The 24-year-old footballer Rodrygo was reportedly informed of the incident during a private dinner in Madrid. Sources close to the player said he was “shocked and deeply shaken” by the news and was arranging immediate travel to London to be by his father’s side.

Rodrygo, who has recently returned to training with Real Madrid after summer break, is extremely close to his family. His father, Eric Batista de Goes, is a former footballer himself and has long been involved in Rodrygo’s development and career decisions.

Meet Rodrygo's 'Footballer' Father, Mother & Twin Kids- All About Real  Madrid Star's Family Life - EssentiallySports


Real Madrid Offers Support

Real Madrid issued a brief statement following the news:

“Our thoughts and full support are with Rodrygo and his family during this difficult time. The club will provide any necessary assistance and privacy while his father receives medical attention.”

Manager Carlo Ancelotti also sent personal words of support, describing the incident as “shocking and heartbreaking.”


Authorities Call for Renewed Focus on Road Safety

The Metropolitan Police emphasized the dangers of distracted driving in their statement today:

“This incident serves as a tragic reminder of how quickly lives can be changed by a moment of negligence behind the wheel. We urge all drivers to respect traffic laws and remain focused while driving.”

London’s Transport Safety Authority also released figures showing that mobile phone-related driving violations have increased by 12% over the last year, despite ongoing public awareness campaigns.

Cảnh sát Mỹ bắt nghi phạm giết người hàng loạt | Báo Nhân Dân điện tử


What We Know So Far

  • Victim: Eric Batista de Goes, father of Real Madrid’s Rodrygo, aged 60
  • Incident: Struck by a driver who ran a red light while on the phone
  • Location: Camden Road area, North London
  • Time: Around 8:10 p.m., July 31, 2025
  • Condition: Hospitalized in serious condition
  • Suspect: Male driver in his 30s, arrested at the scene
  • Rodrygo: Informed immediately, traveling to London
  • Club Reaction: Real Madrid offering full support

Conclusion

As fans across the football world send messages of support to Rodrygo, the broader conversation around distracted driving resurfaces. The emotional weight of this incident extends beyond football, serving as a stark example of how lives can be endangered by simple but catastrophic decisions behind the wheel.

We join many in hoping for a full recovery for Eric Goes, and strength for Rodrygo and his family during this difficult time.

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

LOREM IPSUM

Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus voluptatem fringilla tempor dignissim at, pretium et arcu. Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste tempor dignissim at, pretium et arcu natus voluptatem fringilla.

LOREM IPSUM

Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus voluptatem fringilla tempor dignissim at, pretium et arcu. Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste tempor dignissim at, pretium et arcu natus voluptatem fringilla.

LOREM IPSUM

Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus voluptatem fringilla tempor dignissim at, pretium et arcu. Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste tempor dignissim at, pretium et arcu natus voluptatem fringilla.

©2025 Best Sport News | Design: Newspaperly WordPress Theme